Provincial Outreach is a great way to get your school and entire community involved in art.
Celebrating its 40th Anniversary, our Provincial Outreach Program takes art exhibitions and educational programs to schools throughout rural Saskatchewan. Provincial Outreach exhibitions and educational programs are developed to provide insight into a wide variety of art concepts, styles, periods, subject matter and media.
Our programs are adapted for all grade levels and correspond with the Visual Arts Curriculum. Plus, it saves you the cost of bussing students and time away from school to visit the Gallery.
How Provincial Outreach Works
A MacKenzie Art Gallery Educator comes to your town with an exhibition of original art. The Educator installs the exhibit and provides tours and workshops for audiences of all ages. Visits last approximately three days, with one and a half days dedicated to tours and workshops.
- Exhibition of original works of art
- Gallery Educator
- Transportation and insurance for the art and Educator
- Marketing materials you can use to promote the event
- Space for the exhibition with reasonable light, heat and security (most exhibitions require approximately 100 running feet of display area - school libraries or unused classrooms work well)
- Organization of classes, school tours and adult programs during the exhibition
- Advance promotion using the marketing materials provided
- Volunteers to assist with all aspects of visit including unloading, installing and removing the exhibition
- Art supplies in coordination with the Provincial Outreach Educator
Typical tour model:
- Tuesday afternoon - set up exhibition
- Wednesday (all day) - tours and workshops
- Thursday morning - tours and workshops
- Thursday afternoon - dismantle exhibition and clean up
Program Fee: $150
Participate in Provincial Outreach
1. Select the exhibition you would like to see from our Touring Exhibition Schedule
2. Fill out a Provincial Outreach Request Form .
To email: Download Adobe Reader if you don't have it). Fill out form and save to computer. Email to .
3. Send by mail:
Provincial Outreach Program
MacKenzie Art Gallery
3475 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 6X6