Jobs and Opportunities
Who We Are
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is a not-for-profit, dynamic community resource with outstanding exhibitions and compelling programs. The MacKenzie Art Gallery engages people through outstanding transformative experiences in the visual arts. Through our many exhibitions and programs, we invite everyone to get connected and, above all, enjoy!
What the Opportunity Is
The Accountant works under the supervision of the Director of Operations in reporting the financial
performance, the accurate processing of all transactions and maintenance of all accounting records of the Gallery.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accurate recording of transactions, and the processing and maintaining of accounting records;
- Financial reporting, and the preparation and presentation of monthly financial statements;
- Preparation of all audit documents and actively participate in the annual audit;
- Preparation of the annual charity tax return and GST and PST tax remittances;
- Preparation of financial reports for granting agencies;
- Preparing and maintain payroll information;
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of annual and long-term budgets;
- Assisting staff with PC desktop support based on the Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office.
Who You Are
As a valuable employee of the Gallery, we are seeking an individual who:
- Has a keen strategic business sense with the ability to understand implications of decisions and strives to improve our performance;
- Works well under pressure, can manage multiple projects with varying deadlines;
- Has excellent time management skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Has demonstrated reliability, high ethical and behavioral standards, and honors commitments;
- Seeks an inspiring organization and work environment;
- Brings a positive attitude and a sense of humor to our dynamic environment;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, where independent action and a high degree of initiative are necessary;
- Has the unique ability to anticipate needs, and acts on them;
- Have superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Is committed to becoming an integral staff person contributing to the continued success of the MacKenzie Art Gallery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Commerce (or equivalent);
- Three years of experience in an accounting field;
- Experience working with Sage Accpac ERP and MS Office Suite;
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access Database software;
- Exemplary time management, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Ability to show initiative working both independently and cooperatively in a team environment under multiple deadlines and in high pressure situations;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
We offer competitive compensation, and a dynamic, challenging culture that encourages individual excellence and teamwork.
- Full-time position, with flexible hours of work;
- Salary range $46,015 to $52,289;
- Comprehensive benefit package;
- An opportunity to be involved in the amazing programs and events of the MacKenzie.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted no later than Wednesday April 23, 2014, 4:30 p.m., to:
Jackie Lindenbach - Director of Operations
MacKenzie Art Gallery
3475 Albert Street, Regina, SK S4S 6X6
306-584-4250 ext. 4275
Please include in the subject line of email applications "Accountant".
Successful candidate must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment.
Information about the MacKenzie Art Gallery can be found online at ww.mackenzieartgallery.ca.
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and to building a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
No current openings.