Jobs and Opportunities
Who We Are
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is a not-for-profit, dynamic community resource with outstanding exhibitions and compelling programs. The MacKenzie Art Gallery engages people through outstanding, transformative experiences in the visual arts.
As stated in our strategic plan, MacKenzie Art Gallery exhibitions and programs provide space for the entire community to engage with diverse cultural viewpoints and perspectives, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit, settlers and newcomers to Canada.
What the Opportunity Is
The Gallery Facilitator supports the work of the Education department, which includes but is not limited to assisting visitors in the interpretation and enjoyment of Gallery exhibitions, events and programs.
- Assist in the research, planning, design and implementation of programs and interpretive materials for all audiences.
- Participate in Gallery Facilitator training.
- Assist with ongoing program evaluation.
- Deliver tours and studio programs.
- Participate in program set-up and clean-up, and general studio maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year related post-secondary education, with six months related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in visual arts.
- Demonstrated experience teaching all ages with special needs an asset.
- Interested in developing meaningful exchanges in the delivery of tours and programs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, and facilitate groups.
Fluent in French language considered an asset.
We offer competitive compensation, and a dynamic, challenging culture that encourages individual excellence and teamwork.
- Hourly rate $16.69 / hour.
- Statutory benefits.
- An opportunity to be involved in creating and /or designing innovative programs and events at the MacKenzie.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:30 P.M. Wednesday September 3, 2014 to:
Jackie Lindenbach, Director of Operations
MacKenzie Art Gallery
3475 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 6X6
Please include “Gallery Facilitator” in the subject line of email applications.
Click here for a PDF of the full job posting.
The Gallery Facilitator position is a casual position. Facilitators are scheduled for school tours and community tours and although Facilitator hours vary, tours are scheduled Mondays to Sundays during the day and/or evenings. Please include your availability in your cover letter.
*Successful candidates must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment.*
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is committed to achieving a representative workforce. Qualified diversity group members are encouraged to self-identify on their application.
Information about the MacKenzie Art Gallery can be found online at www.mackenzieartgallery.ca