Jobs and Opportunities
Positon: Marketing Coordinator
Who We Are
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is a not-for-profit, dynamic community resource with outstanding exhibitions and compelling programs. At the MacKenzie Art Gallery we are passionate believers that art matters. Through our many exhibitions and programs, we invite everyone to get connected and, above all, enjoy!
What the Opportunity Is
The Marketing Coordinator contributes to the marketing and communication goals of the MacKenzie Art Gallery by assisting the Director External Relations and our creative and dedicated staff of professionals. Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of multi-year marketing and communications strategies.
- Develop, and monitor all print, TV, radio, and on-line promotional activities.
- Assist in developing and monitoring of the marketing and communications budget.
- Coordinate, produce and distribute At the MacKenzie publication and the Annual Report.
- Maintain the Gallery’s presence on social networking sites while continually seeking new opportunities to reach audiences digitally.
- Work closely with the Director External Relations to ensure a strong, ongoing presence in the media, including acting as an advocate for the Gallery during media interviews, the development of press releases, media kits, speaking notes for the Executive Director, and other related materials.
- Assist to ensure regular and consistent communications with stakeholders.
- Maintain and up-to-date marketing and communications archive.
- Provide support as needed for fund raising projects and events.
- Work closely with other staff in the development and implementation of customer experience research and data analysis.
Who You Are
As a valuable employee of the Gallery, we are seeking an individual who:
- Works well under pressure, can manage multiple projects with varying deadlines;
- Has excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Has demonstrated reliability, high ethical and behavioral standards, and honors commitments.
- Seeks an inspiring organization and work environment.
- Brings a positive attitude and a sense of humor to our dynamic environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, where independent action and a high degree of initiative are necessary.
- Has the unique ability to anticipate needs, and acts on them.
- Have superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Is committed to becoming an integral staff person contributing to the continued success of the MacKenzie Art Gallery.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related discipline with 2 years of experience in marketing / sponsorship, preferably in a not-for-profit;
- A strong affinity for developing dynamic marketing campaigns;
- Ability to execute projects using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Illustrator software
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software;
- Exemplary time management, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Ability to show initiative working both independently and cooperatively in a team environment under multiple deadlines and in high pressure situations;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, and an ability to inspire your audience.
Our staff is good at what they do. It’s that simple. It’s what makes the MacKenzie a nationally recognized Gallery. Our staff is critical to our success and because of this we know it’s important to provide great benefits. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and a dynamic, challenging culture that encourages individual excellence and teamwork. Here’s what we can offer you:
- Full-time position 37.5 hours a week or 7.5 hours a day
- Salary range $45,559 to $51,771
- A supportive, positive, humorous, passionate, and fun work environment. We contribute and celebrate to each other’s successes.
- Flexible hours of work.
- A proactive and creative work environment. Continuous learning, training and development.
- An opportunity to be involved in creating and /or designing the exemplary programs and events of the MacKenzie.
- Group Insurance Plan, Dental Plan, Pension Plan, and Extended Health Benefits.
- Vacation. Ah-h-h, vacation! You'll earn 15 days of vacation in your first year at the MacKenzie. Then you’ll earn 20 days of vacation a year until you’ve worked here for five years. After five years, it just keeps getting better.
- We recognize the importance of work / life balance. We want you to enjoy that and so we give you one discretionary day every month to do those important things for your family, education, personal goals and the community.
A beautiful view of one of the best green spaces in Regina - Wascana Park.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:30 P.M. Wednesday, June 19, 2013 to:
Manager – Finance & Operations
MacKenzie Art Gallery, 3475 Albert Street, Regina, SK S4S 6X6
Please include “Marketing Coordinator “in the subject line of email applications.
The successful candidate must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment. Information about the MacKenzie Art Gallery can be found online at www.mackenzieartgallery.ca.
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and building a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Job Title: Executive Director
As the Executive Director, you will work closely and collaboratively with the Board to support their bold vision for the future of the MacKenzie and lead a team of professionals in the implementation of a vigorous plan to realize that vision. As the leader and “face” of the organization, you represent the gallery in the city and the province, creating opportunities for community and donor engagement that will increase attendance, earned revenue opportunities and donations. As an advocate for the arts, you will also look at avenues for collaboration within the creative and business constituencies to support and enhance art and culture within the province as a whole.
Leading innovative teams, programs and ideas in the cultural community, while providing effective administration has characterized your career. The ability to execute a strategic plan with tremendous results will be amongst your key achievements. In addition, you will have a proven track record in creating innovative fund development initiatives that have resulted in increased value and revenue for an organization. Stakeholder engagement, community investment and a deep appreciation for the unique culture of Saskatchewan are at your core. The MacKenzie is a very special platform for your passion, vision and special talent in developing people and managing the performance of a highly motivated and dedicated team.
Come and help us paint the big picture. If this transformative role speaks to your multi-faceted abilities, please forward your résumé, in confidence, to Allison Rzen or Jennifer Madden at:
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Suite 2020, 1055 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
Tel 800.864.9970 or 604.689.9970
Click here to view a PDF of the Executive Director job posting.