Jobs and Opportunities
Who We Are
The MacKenzie Gallery Volunteers (MGV) is a not-for-profit organization run by a diverse group of community minded individuals who generously share their time and passion for art with the community.
What the Opportunity Is
The Volunteer Coordinator works for the Board of the MacKenzie Gallery Volunteers in providing administrative and financial support to the board as required.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the Board of the MGV by responding to and preparing correspondence, maintaining and circulating material, preparing agendas and minutes for meetings including the preparation of proposals, summaries and reports;
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the MGV by responding to and coordinating the Travelling Art program including; scheduling, updating information, getting information out to the schools, updating list of docents, liaise with all relevant parties including the schools, school boards, and docents.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the MGV for other activities including the volunteer Enrichment Program.
- Maintain MGV financial records including the collection of and deposit of monies, the recoding of entries into an Excel spreadsheet, and maintain monthly bank reconciliations.
Who You Are
As a valuable employee of the MacKenzie Gallery Volunteers, we are seeking an individual who:
- Has excellent time management skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Has demonstrated reliability, high ethical and behavioral standards, and honors commitments;
- Seeks an inspiring organization and work environment;
Brings a positive attitude and a sense of humor to our dynamic environment;Has the unique ability to anticipate needs, and acts on them.
- At least one year in an administrative capacity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Be proficient in word, excel, outlook, and have knowledge of access database.
- Casual employment of 12 hours / week;
- Annual employment from mid-August to May 31st ;
$17 per hour non – union.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted no later Wednesday July 30, 2014, 4:30 p.m. to:
Jackie Lindenbach - Director of Operations
MacKenzie Art Gallery
3475 Albert Street, Regina, SK S4S 6X6
306-584-4250 ext. 4275
Please include in the subject line of email applications "Volunteer Coordinator".
Successful candidate must submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment.
Information about the MacKenzie Art Gallery can be found online at ww.mackenzieartgallery.ca.
Click here for a PDF of the full job posting